2nd Line Support Night Shift Engineer - Cape Town
So here’s the deal… if you are the most driven, ambitious, enthused, charming and downright brilliant Support Engineer out there, we’ll give you a great job in a cool office, pay you a good salary, and give you endless self-development opportunities.
Get obsessed at the Lab
ITLab is the UK’s fastest growing SME IT services company based in Cape Town, South Africa. Driven by Service Obsession, we are also hell bent on being the best B2B services company in any sector. Being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work. This is an excellent opportunity to become an instrumental part of a customer focused support team that will allow you to work across a varied technical environment and develop your skills. Furthermore we offer great benefits, and a fantastic working environment.
- Work hours will be 40 – 48 hours per week on an evening and night rotation
- Salary R14k – R19k per month (negotiable pending experience) +Night Shift Allowance
- 22 days annual leave
- Working for an established London based employer
- Working with London based clients (predominately)
- Access to a healthcare scheme
What Does an Out of Hours Support Engineer Do?
- You will work ‘As One’ with your team mates to provide the best ‘Service Obsessed’ customer service to all of our clients. You will be working closely with colleagues located in New Zealand and Australia owing to the time of your shifts.
- You will be troubleshooting, installing, maintaining and supporting a wide range of SME IT systems
- You will have a ‘Hands On’ problem solving approach; solving problems within strict SLA timeframes
- Work on cases remotely via phone, email and internet • Hardware and software, desktop, network and infrastructure support
- Work from our offices in Cape Town, South Africa
So, Am I Right for the Job?
- Available and happy to work out of hours shifts
- Flexible to work on a day shift schedule when needed
- 1+ years of networking experience up to 2nd line level (some technologies we service are: Fortigate, Citrix, VM Ware etc.)
- 2+ years’ experience supporting Microsoft software (Office, Exchange, Active Directory, Server etc) preferably within an MSP
- Happy to work alone & remotely only (note this role will not involve client site visits)
- Formal IT qualification, ideally MCSE/MCITP or multiple MCPs
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.