Do you have a passion for online games? This international development company who specialise in the development of online games and supporting products, is looking for a passionate coder who wants to expand their technical skills.
They have flexitimes with core hours. Base in the city bowl. Their salaries are very competitive in the market. Applicants with excellent work experience and an ability to skill up and learn on their own will also be considered. Expand your problem solving skills and explore your ways of analytical thinking.
- Full-stack developer
- Minimum of 5+ years developing code
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science / Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Proficient in at least two or more of the following:
- React/Redux, C#, C++, Node.js, PhaserJS
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Possess problem-solving skills and the ability to learn as you go along
- Experience developing websites or similar for mobile and desktop
- Experience writing server side code (preference can be client-side, but should have exposure to both)
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Ability to aquire new skills and programming languages
Beneficial Skills and technologies
- MS SQL, MongoDB, Git, JIRA, Bamboo, Octopus, jQuery, Backbone, CreateJS, Compass/Sass, AngularJS, Grunt/Gulp, .NET framework, ASP.Net, JSON, Swagger
- Scrum, Agile, REST/RESTful APIs, Design Patterns
- Integration with 3rd party payment gateways
- High performance servers
- Responsive design, progressive web apps
- Software architecture
- Automated deployment
- Test frameworks such as Mocha, Selenium, Puppeteer, or similar
- Work in an agile environment with stand-ups, sprints and planning meetings
- Work in a small development team taking on new features, spikes, bugs
- Plan, design, implement, document, test and release new features
- Do code reviews
- Deliver stable code
- Maintain existing code base, and if need be create documentation and diagrams to substantiate further development.
- Liaise with the QA team to identify and fix bugs
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work in cross functional teams
- Attention to detail, passion, enthusiasm
- Possess exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to work with little or no supervision