IT Software house with offices in Johannesburg and Cape Town is looking for IT Graduates who wants to join their company as Systems Analysts.
The shareholders have over 30 years of experience in providing software solutions to the financial industry – locally and abroad, between them. They have extensive experience in retail and wholesale financial services and asset management in back, middle and front office solutions. The company’s human resources are skilled in the building of adapters to CRM and integrating front office and back office systems which include the transfer and translation of data and reconciliation of positions.
- B.Com, B.Sc or B.Eng degree with IT related subjects as majors, from one of the following universities: UCT, Stellenbosch, Johannesburg, Wits, Pretoria, North West(only Potchefstroom campus), Free State, KZN, Nelson Mandela
- Above average results. Guideline is 60% average at university and A or B for Maths HG in matric.
- Matric and university transcripts must be submitted with every CV
They are looking for expectational people to join their team. Systems analysts are solution implementation specialists, responsible for interfacing with clients, understanding their needs and configuring software solutions to meet them. You will be involved in delivering projects to clients
from information gathering, working with a team in designing solutions, solution configuration, system testing, user training, continuous improvement and support.
It is a technical and practical role
and will require you to;
- Implement and configure our software to design and client’s specific requirements.
- Use ‘low-code’ applications with SQL databases to build integrated and automated back-end processes with web-based UIs
- Execute projects in a dynamic, collaborative, and iterative fashion - providing ongoing tangible benefit
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external clients
- Develop new concepts, approaches and applying best-practice patterns
Typical daily Tasks
performed by a systems analyst are;
- Solution design, build, test, support and improve
- Configure and test solutions with colleagues
- Involved with unit and end-to-end testing of solutions
- Involved in deploying solutions to server environments - Dev, QA, Production
- Provide exceptional production support and ongoing improvement
- Develop technical designs and documentation
- Participate in update, design, requirements and feedback sessions
You should be;
Our work is satisfying and challenging.
- Comfortable using technology and be able to explain it to others
- Able to solve problems creatively and efficiently
- Quality focussed
- Able to manage time well and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to manage job pressure well
- Detail focussed as we work with sensitive data and critical business systems
- Pedantically accurate
- Able to communicate very well with different people -interpersonal, written and public speaking
And we are stimulated and get excited when we:
We will train, help, assist and develop you to best perform your work and develop professionally.
- Work closely with clients and see our solutions being used successfully
- Achieve our project goals together with our team
- Develop our technical skills and business knowledge
- Contribute, participate and provide input to developing better internal approaches, methodologies and tools
- Identify and explore new business development opportunities
You will be trained and mentored
You will be expected to make judgement calls, show responsibility and act professionally.
- New employee induction to the company
- Implementation specialist training program
- Introduction into a project delivery team
- Ongoing mentorship and coaching with your Team Leader
- Support and helping hand from your team, larger analyst group, managers and directors
- Ongoing development and training program utilising internal and specialist courses
- Regular and formal reviews with the aim of skills development and professional growth
- Open and collaborative culture, where everyone is encouraged to contribute
Characteristics and attitudes that we value are;
- < >Being courteous & respectful
- Willingness to engage with people - learn from colleagues and clients
- Enthusiasm, commitment, determination
- General interest in applying technology to improve business and especially the financial services environment
- Hands-on, organised and very hardworking
- Strong sense of responsibility and motivation
- Desire to learn and gain knowledge
We and our clients work typical business hours - work days between 8am and 5pm. There may be occasional need to work evenings and weekends due to project deadlines or unexpected problems. Benefits
- Monthly Salary is cost to company, allowing you to manage your own financial planning
- Company funded Group Life and Disability cover
- 15 days annual leave
- Leave days increase by 1 day per completed year of service from completion of year 3, up to a maximum of 20 days
- Financial assistance towards post graduate studies
- Discretionary bonus