An innovative software company pioneering in highly secure cloud based telecommunication - RF Optimisation software solutions. Based in Johannesburg, they specialize in delivering innovative Telecomms software solutions to clients globally.
Their team of highly experienced engineers have provided solutions to operators like Vodafone, MTN, T Mobile, KPN, Telefonica etc. since the inception of the mobile revolution. They also provide technical advisory services to the telecommunications and software industries.Synopsis:
RF Network Support Manager for the company's web based software products. Candidate required to have broad technical knowledge of telecoms environment (GSM, UMTS,LTE) and to be highly proficient in providing excellent customer service, problem escalation/resolution and to have strong project/support management skills. Job Description:
- Management of the support team: conduct daily meetings to track all support tickets as well as maintain good communication between development and support teams.
- Requirement analysis and feature delivery to customers.
- Management of the support desk.
- Provide Tier 1 and 2 support to end users - radio engineers. Provide troubleshooting and technical support on site.
- Advise customers regarding the product's proper use and address specific user issues.
- During problem escalations, act as a liaison between customers and development team.
- Candidate to assist the customer base during installations, maintain Cloud server environment, data extracting from various data sources manually, backup of database and application.
- Candidate will also be involved in customer training as well as floor walking from time to time.
- Candidate will need to travel to customers and may be based at customer site for a period of time.
Skills and competencies:
- Degree or diploma with 3 years’ experience.
- Strong understanding of GSM,UMTS and LTE in a telecoms environment.
- Preferably having worked in an operators planning and optimisation environment.
- Must have at least 1 to 2 years of SQL experience. Should be proficient in writing SQL- to extract information from databases and create reports.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Solid experience in problem analysis and resolution of software problems. Proven ability to function in a self-directed environment.
- Must excel in a fast-paced, agile environment where critical thinking and strong problem solving skills are required for success.
- Innovative thinker who is positive, proactive, and readily embraces change.
- Ability to handle clients professionally during all interfaces.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.