THE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB ARE:
The most frequent duties for this job are set out below, but the job may include other or occasional duties and responsibilities:
- Install, configure and support all Microsoft desktop and server operating systems.
- Install, configure and support all Microsoft and other application software (desktop and server).
- General hardware installation and troubleshooting (desktop and server).
- General troubleshooting on all IT related equipment.
- Respond to and resolve support calls at customer sites.
- Respond to and resolve support calls via remote connection (desktop and server).
- Assist customers telephonically.
- Remote administration of servers and workstations.
- Compile desktop and server configuration documentation for client sites.
- Execute orders and follow up service and repairs with external suppliers.
- Identify possible risks or problems and escalate to senior engineer.
- Assist with management of the support team and provide 1st line escalation for technical issues (from support engineers).
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least a Matriculation certificate.
- International MCSE or MCSA (on Windows Server 2012 r2) a requirement.
- Windows Server 2016 advantageous.
- A+, Server+, N+ or similar qualification an advantage.
- Excellent understanding of Windows Event logs and how to identify problems.
- Knowledge of backup solutions like Backup Exec, Windows Backup, Altaro and similar applications (configuration, use and troubleshooting)
- Experience with remote support applications and techniques (e.g. VPN, RDP and Team Viewer).
- Working knowledge of Active Directory administration: creating user accounts, resetting passwords, disabling and deleting users.
- Experience with server maintenance and health checks on Windows Server.
- Experience with the configuration and administration of Office 365.
- Experience with logging and following up calls with external suppliers and service providers.
- Excellent knowledge of hardware components and hardware troubleshooting procedures (desktop and server).
- Working knowledge of server hardware systems such as RAID.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems and desktop software.
- Good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word and Excel.
- Good knowledge of TCP\IP networking is required.
- Good knowledge of server software and systems.
- Experience with configuring routers and wireless access points.
- A minimum of three years desktop support experience.
- At least two years server support and maintenance experience.
- An organized individual that can work unsupervised and effectively manage time and multiple tasks.
- An analytical thinker that works methodically and always pays attention to detail.
- An individual that always thinks before they act.
- An individual who enjoys studying and improving their knowledge.
- Ability to follow checklists and procedures accurately and adhere to company standards.
- A self starter that is able to work alone or in a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and remain focused.
- A well presented individual with excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- A motivated individual with a passion for technology.
- Ability to identify, assess and solve desktop hardware and software problems innovatively.
- Must have own transport and the ability to work after hours (on short notice) when required.
- An individual that enjoys completing detailed technical documentation.
- Cost to company between R17 000 and R25 000. Dependent upon qualifications, experience and skill level.
- Medical aid (50% paid by company, 50% by employee).
- Reimbursement for company travel.
- Overtime pay in the form of commission.
- Company provided laptop.