Our client in the Business Performance / Financial Management sector requires a Power BI Consultant to join their dynamic company, East Rand.
Excellent career growth opportunities as well as lucrative financial incentives and benefits.
- This position requires an individual who is able to support the existing client base, as well as implement solutions to new clients.
- Engaging with clients and understanding client requirements
- Documenting business requirements, functional specifications and technical specifications
- Collate and transform data from multiple sources
- Developing automated reports and dashboards
- Clearly convey key insights through the use of visualisation
- Client training, on-going maintenance and support
- Experience dealing with customers regularly and excellent communication skills to interact with clients at all levels of the organisation
- A minimum 3-year tertiary qualification from an accredited university, either in Commerce or Computer Sciences or Industrial Engineering
- Own car
- Microsoft Certification
- A minimum 2 years Power BI exposure
- Strong understanding of systems design and implementation, with a minimum 1st-year tertiary level in information systems or computer science
- Demonstrable understanding of SQL fundamentals and ability to write complex SQL queries
- Demonstrable programming skills
- Good, demonstrable general computing knowledge, including basic troubleshooting capability on the Microsoft Windows platform, an understanding of networking fundamentals, and familiarity with application installation and support
1) Are you legally allowed to work in the Republic of South Africa? If you are a foreign national, do you have a valid work permit?
- Yes-South African citizen
- Yes-Foreign national-valid work permit
2) What is your highest tertiary qualification completed/to be completed?
3) Why do you think you are a good problem solver?
4) Why do you see yourself as having good programming abilities?
5) What financial accounting exposure do you have?
6) Why are you applying for this position?
7) Do you think you would be happier and more productive working in a large organisation or a smaller company? Please provide a reason for your answer?
- Large/Corporate organisation
- Smaller company
8) Give an example of an application YOU have developed and coded. Describe the challenges faced by the user and how your solution solved these.
9) What coding projects have you developed outside of your studies?
10) Describe your data analysis experience by giving some examples of models you have built
11) If you were a software developer for an organisation that created software to manage elevators efficiently, what would be some of the questions you would ask so that you can start designing a solution?
12) A client has asked you to create a mechanism to rank their chain of retail shops from best performing to worst performing. What kinds of KPIs would you consider and how would you approach developing a rating mechanism?