Senior Fullstack DeveloperDetails:
Full Time, Cape Town BasedReporting into:
Immediately Company and Role Summary:
We’re looking for developers. Lots of them. But we’ll only call the good ones back.
We know, as do you if you’re the right person, that technology and advertising are fast becoming bonded to one another. We know that if an agency team can’t handle and interpret big data, iterate responsive development solutions and has no interest in the Internet of Things that they’ll fall behind the curve faster than Adobe can release updates. We’re after team members who know this and more. Bring a winning smile and attitude, plus a host of things we don’t already know and you’ll be well on your way to forming part of a business that genuinely believes in championing technology in the creative space.
We’re collaborative, young, obsessed with innovation and entirely undeterred by difficult problems. We tackle any challenge head on, creatively.
Get in touch if you’d like to combine your serious technology skills with your creativity more often – coding isn’t sexy to many in the industry, but we’d love you to come and prove our suspicion that the future of the industry is where expertly crafted pixels meet eager eyeballs.
Position Overview Minimum Requirements:
- Computer Science or equivalent programming degree/ diploma
- More than 6 years related work experience
- Senior-level PHP Developer
- Experience using Html5/CSS3
- Mobile web development experience
- Must know his/her way around Adobe Photoshop and be able to work to pixel perfect designs
- Experience using MVC's like CodeIgniter, Laravel, Yii, etc.
- Must work to best practices in development and coding standards
- Must have the ability to work on multiple projects to tight deadlines
- Must be able to work well in a team and also recommend best practices and new ideas
- Must be familiar with GIT and/or SVN
- Must be motivated to continue learning, researching and implement new technologies.
- Experience building mobile applications
- Digital agency/Creative studio experience
- NodeJS, MongoDB
- Experience using code repositories such as subversion/git
- Composer, Grunt / Gulp
- Working with technologies (and other languages) outside of the web space i.e. Arduino.
|Other open source OOP languages – Python, Ruby, c# etc||Beneficial|
|Source control (Git preferred)||Extensive|
The candidate must have a tertiary qualification, preferably in information systems, computer sciences, web design or related discipline. Work experience will be taken into consideration for an exceptional candidate. Killer portfolios are most welcome – we kind of expect them to be honest. Must Haves
|Relevant Tertiary Qualification (B.Sci, B.Com IS, etc.)||Essential|
|3 years development experience||Essential|
|2 year dealing with agency type work||Beneficial|
*PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MEET THE REQUIREMENTS!