Java Developer – Johannesburg
Established company in Johannesburg who deliver consistently to their client base is looking for a Java Developer to join their team.
Their ability to deliver working solutions that give their business wings has always been a part of their DNA. Successful delivery means satisfied clients, who are happy to provide the word-of-mouth referrals that have powered their growth and established their track record.
Their exceptionally deep technical expertise allows them to take on projects often perceived as too complex or difficult by other developers.
Their size, stability and track record gives their clients confidence and assurance that they will be able to deliver working solutions – and support, maintain and enhance these for as long as required.
They believe in working together with their clients to understand their unique needs and working methods.
In their experience, working together consistently results in the creation of intelligent solutions that meet their client’s evolving business demands. This collaborative style of working has resulted in the development of award-winning software.The Role
Skills & Experience
- You will be working for an institution either based in Sandton or Johannesburg CBD (let me know your choice), well known in South Africa for their innovative products and their ability to adapt quickly to market changes and exploit new opportunities.
- You will be expected to support this innovation with creative problem solving and hard work.
- Your time will be divided 80-20 between new development and maintenance of current systems. New development will be implementing Web Service client API’s, processing financial transactions across various third party and inhouse systems and writing batch jobs using message queues.
- You will be part of a small focussed group, who operate independently and who take full responsibility for delivering their solutions. Initially you will work closely with an experienced developer to gain knowledge of the system.
Personality and Attributes
- We require an individual with a minimum of 5 years experience.
- BSc Degree or equivalent qualification/Java Certification
- Java / JEE development experience
- Design patterns
- Web services
- WebSphere/ Weblogic or any of the likes
- Database knowledge
- Can work with little supervision to complete projects;
- Possesses initiative to address issues and identify opportunities
- The ability to work in a team environment or independently
- A pro-active approach and the ability to work under pressure are necessary
- Leadership Abilities
- Team player and excellent Interpersonal skills
- Self Motivated and Committed
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge Sharing
- Takes pride in work
- Takes responsibility for own learning curve
- Energetic & Passionate