PBT Group has an opportunity for a Microsoft Front End Developer.
The Business Intelligence (BI) Front-end report developer is responsible for building, implementing and supporting Microsoft Front-end report solutions. The right individual will possess experience in all stages of BI project work (requirements and logical design, physical design, implementation, testing and deployment). The BI Developer should have a firm grasp of BI implementation methodologies and will have had in-depth experience with the Microsoft BI Front end reporting Stack (SSRS and Power BI) with an emphasis on PowerBI onpremis
The Front-end Developer utilizes their passion for reporting, analytics and data visualization. The Developer utilizes strong data management, integration, and analytical skills to support BI initiatives in a Customer Centric environment. This position will work with IT professionals to ensure all data is understood and translated accurately, through visualizations, to drive informed decision making.
The BI Analyst-Developer should understand and have expertise in the various technologies needed to implement Microsoft BI solutions. The developer must have experience with the Microsoft BI stack, especially PowerBI onpremis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- They would need to communicate and collaborate with teams to action requirements and deliver the required reports and/or dashboards
- Interact with systems analysts, architects and development managers to understand source structures and information
- Experience designing, developing, and implementing reports and dashboards
- Experience in administrating Power BI SSRS in an enterprise production environment.
- Experience in deployment of Power BI dashboards
- Conduct data analysis, data profiling and data modeling.
- Knowledge of database design techniques and advanced SQL skills
- The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, designing, developing, implementing and maintaining Microsoft Power BI dashboards.
- They will be tasked to format these dashboards in a simplistic, self-explanatory, and visually appealing way as to ensure answers to questions asked are clear and evident
- They will work on improving existing dashboards through continuous improvement, best practices, analytical and strategic thinking, and business intelligence
- They should be comfortable with extracting data from multiple data sources by using T-SQL, PL SQL, DAX, MDX and M scripting to connect and refresh the datasources where required. Knowledge about the restrictions on datasource refresh, and datasource connections using PowerBI onpremis is essential.
- Prior experience working in an agile, fast-paced team environment.
- Direct quality assurance and user acceptance testing (Unit and UAT)
- Strong communication skills with a passion for Data Visualization
- Strong attention detail and ability to work with a variety of clients
- 4 years of Microsoft Power BI
- 4 years of Microsoft SSRS
- 5+ years Business Intelligence experience
- Expert in Power BI, Power Pivot, M, T-SQL, PL/SQL, DAX
- Administration of the Power BI SSRS on premises server in an Enterprise production environment.
- Report Development (Microsoft SSRS)
- Relational Database and SQL Language
- Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) (Microsoft SSIS)
- Dimensional Modeling (Kimball Methodology)
- Formal data visualization training will be an advantage (Stephen Few)
- A degree in Computer Science / Information Systems / Business Administration / Commerce or equivalent