An exciting and fast-growing cloud IT business established in 1998 with a focus on backups and storage has an opening for a C# Software Developer. They evolved into a leading data management software provider and now has over 10,000 end-user customers and more than 140 channel partners.
On the back of a run of record sales years (with a current year-on-year growth of over 30%) and the continued growth of the cloud industry, they are looking for a Software Developer to pro-actively increase team productivity. Objective
You will be working as part of the Development team to develop and maintain the cloud-based data management software. They are looking for experienced developers, who show excellent analytical abilities.Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and maintain the software, in particularly the server-side Storage Platform, which serves as the back-end for cross-platform backup clients.
- Improve general code quality (testability, performance, resource usage).
- Help design and implement cloud-scale backup services using Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS.
- Produce design specifications and implement (code) design according to best practices and software coding standards.
- Work closely with team members and the Product team to make sure delivery schedules are met.
- Produce test code (unit tests) to drive all functionality, including error paths.
- Provide ongoing support throughout the lifecycle of the product (or until the support responsibility has been re-allocated) to all departments and customers as and when required.
- Where applicable, assist junior developers with technical issues, coding and software engineering standards.
Skills and knowledge
- 3+ years of working with C# in a commercial environment
- Must have written code for several different projects and been involved in these projects from design to commercial implementation (including ongoing maintenance)
- Experience with test-driven development
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Knowledge of Git, HTTP and REST
- A solid understanding of network stacks
- Experience in security best practices
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and/or other cloud services