A renowned and leading ecommerce retailer in South Africa is looking for a talented Software Python Engineer to join their team on a full time permanent basis for their offices either in CBD, Cape Town OR Stellenbosch, Winelands OR Johannesburg.
We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
They offer some of the best salaries in the industry plus work from home, half day and flexi hours and employee education assist. Apart from that they also have free coffee bars, sushi bars, gourmet restaurants, resting pods, open bar on Thursday and Fridays with free drinks and major employee discounts for any online products. They also offer free online courses, birthday leave, free parking and DSTV discount. The total package offers full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and promise that one will not be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build a great career with them. All necessary training and mentoring will be provided.
You'll have the choice of one of the many exciting development teams. The teams predominantly use Python, and their tech stacks differ depending on their involvement within our supply chain.
They really have an incredible trendy working environment, best way to describe their offices environment is exactly like Google and this is the reason why they are South Africa’s leading ecommerce business.
They are a young, dynamic company growing at a phenomenal rate and looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join their team.
They are one of the largest and most innovative ecommerce retailers on the African continent.
Apart from their offices in CBD, Cape Town, Stellenbosch and Johannesburg, they also have expanding warehouses in Johannesburg and Cape Town, while expanding department selection to over 21 departments across Electronics, Lifestyle, Media & Gaming and Fashion.
They have over 1,200 employees and have an excellent employee retention rate, because they value their employees. Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree, with a major in Computer Science or similar (your experience can override this requirement)
- Minimum of two years experience in a software engineering role
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A thorough understanding of computer science fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude, and high energy
- Strong analytical and critical thinking, using data to inform decisions
- Ability to disaggregate and structure solutions to ambiguous problems
- Solid quantitative skills
- Ability to interview and interact professionally, with internal and external people
- Capability to present ideas succinctly, in writing and verbally
- Versatile and with the appetite to learn by doing
Our tech stack (the highlights)
- Design and build solutions to assist our business users, and improve customer experience
- Architect and design solutions with your team
- Keep up to date with technology trends, both locally and internationally
- Apply creative thought processes to solve complex challenges at scale
- Strong focus on making Takealot.com the best place to shop at, a happy customer is a repeat customer
- Drive for excellence, to help foster a world-class engineering team
- MySQL, Kafka, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- nginx, RabbitMQ, memcached
- Docker, Kubernetes, Chef
- GitHub, Travis CI, Jenkins
- Amazon EC2, Amazon S3
- Our employees are entrepreneurial & dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun & share the ambition of the company being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- They have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, & are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where they can improve.
- They are short on ego and high on output.
- They are doers and not only thinkers, it's all in the execution after all.
- They love what they do & what they are creating.
- Respectful but forthright
- Competitive, self-directed & strive to be the BEST
- Passionate about the potential of e-commerce & delivering world-class customer experience
- Entrepreneurial, thrives under change & accepts it is a constant & always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- Business SMART: Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical & product input;
- Curious & challenge the status quo
- Innovative & enjoys iteration
- Cutting edge of developing new concepts for the company
- Is Smart, has integrity and is Hard Working