Please note that this position requires you to be based in Cape Town.Position Overview:
Our client is an Agile Software Development House producing software and application services on a long-term scale. They specialize in the e-commerce, B2B and B2C sphere.
They develop and support end-to-end e-commerce products for international customers, offering over 15 languages, develop business-to-business systems and back-end systems for customer support, finance, payment process management, risk and fraud management, and content management systems.
As a team, they continuously look for ways to improve our products and processes. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing full-stack systems in PHP within our client’s ecosystem of applications such as bespoke Customer Management, Fraud Detection, Payment integrations, Rewards Platform, Reporting systems as well as maintenance and enhancements to existing systems and the development of new systems.
The position is a full-time
post which offers flexible
working hours and the opportunity to work remotely
(within reason).Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Planning and design of systems implementation.
- System’s development through reusable, testable code and libraries.
- Full stack development of system features.
- Related data-structures, queries, and their software life cycle management.
- Detailed documentation of all developed systems and their day-to-day processes.
- Development of personal skill set in-line with industry trends to meet company objectives.
- Ongoing research & development in-line with business objectives.
- Ongoing evaluation and optimization of systems.
- Monitoring and support of systems on an as-needed basis.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related qualification.
- 5+ years’ experience in PHP development on projects (with depth).
- Relevant working experience in an e-Commerce or transactional systems.
- Proficient in PHP in a Linux ecosystem.
- PHP frameworks.
- Proficient in SQL (writing some SQL in their code).
- Debugging / Profiling.
- Testable code practices.
- Version Control.
- SOA environment experience advantageous (we are open to new technologies and virtual environments).
- Linux command line.