Their software serves in the hospitality industry and they have top well known clients. There are four aspects to their business:
- Provision of a Property Management System (PMS). This is a calendar which the hotels use to capture their bookings and client information, draw reports etc.
- Booking Engine - This allows guests to visit the web site of the hotel and make online bookings
- Distribution - They 'push' the data we're capturing from the hotel's calendar up on to the bigger international web sites.
- Payment solutions - They provide credit card processing services for the smaller guest houses and web site partners (like the info offices in the various towns).
Their technical solution is
a) VB/Windows development for the PMS (and links to other PMS products). This is being phased out over time.
b) Linux / MySQL / Tomcat / Java/JSP stack at the back.
They are a small expert team and the Manager is hands on involved with Development.
Eventhough their range of skills required is quite wide their ideal is to find someone with a good grounding in Linux/Mysql who can program in Java.
The job is about 70% tweaks to the existing system and 30% brand new projects. When they say a 'tweak', they are constantly having to expand the APIs they connect to, but this isn't green field development. Rather they follow the pattern they would have done for previous projects.
Internally, they do development on:
- Internal support system
- Internal CRM system
- Billing systems
- Payments systems
- Booking engine
- Travel widgets and search systems
- Integrations to APIs (this is large)
Join this great environment…small company ….where YOU can make a big impact. We're very flexible, not corporate. This job is office based because they believe collaboration is hugely important.
They are prepared to pay good money for the right person.