IT Project Manager / Digital Account Manager Maitland, Cape Town (4 Month Fixed Term Contract)R55,000 per month
A renowned national Retail, Media and software development company is looking for an IT Project Manager / Digital Account Manager for their offices in Maitland, Cape Town. This is a 4 month fixed term contract period, with the possibility of perhaps extending it.
Our client provided retail software solutions to all the major retailers in South Africa and been in the industry for more than half a century. Position Overview:
Our dynamic team is looking for a IT Project Manager / Digital Account Manager as well as a leader. Since several projects are concurrently running, we need someone that can lead our team of young and strong-minded individuals needs someone as well as pull it all together.
You will manage a few special projects over the 4 month period.
To manage and lead a team of knowledgeable yet inexperienced individuals on special projects which are focused on critical deliverables for our largest retailer's digital special projects.
The position is critical in not only managing the deliverables, but to manage client expectations and accurately keeping track of moving priorities, team alignment, active communication between the company and the client and keeping cooperation within the companies units on ensuring all parties perform according to deadlines and tasks allocated to them. Principle Deliverables
Nature and Scope of the Job
- Project management of 3 teams focus on deliverables across several projects
- Keeping track of client requests and ensuring the team is constantly re-prioritising and keeping track of changes in status.
- Ensuring the team is fluid in the changes and keeping up with the deliverables
- Engage with the clients daily on resolving queries
- Managing client expectations and ensuring deadlines and deliverables are achieved
- Manage client expectations on projects and daily updating on progress and challenges on each of the projects and their sub deliverables
- Project tracking and reporting on deliverables and resource for internal support and progress
- Managing a team of very dynamic and knowledgeable employees with very strong personalities. Even they are knowledgeable, most of the team is in experienced in reporting and keeping communication flowing on progress
- Constant interaction required internally to keep cooperation flowing between the various business units to ensure that all parties are aware of changes and requirements of clients
- Experience in a similar role
- Industry specific knowledge in retail or ecommerce
- Experience in product catalogue management
- Diploma Project Management
- Bachelor in Business Administration advantageous
- Experience in project management experience is critical
- Business understanding and IT experience is very important
- Intermediate Excel skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication required
- Fundamental understanding of Retail, ecommerce and Digital Product Catalogues (PCM or PIM
- The ability to analyse and resolve complex issues
- Ability to negotiate and defuse conflict
- Self-motivator, independent, cooperative and flexible
- Creatively Analytical
- Management and leadership skills
- Mature and proactive
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to work in a dynamic, pressured environment under strict deadlines
- Communication - speaks clearly in positive or negative situations, listens and gets clarification.