Join this multidisciplinary team of individuals who build great software products. This is a high pressured environment but they always try to have fun!
They are serious about delivering products that unlock the value in their client’s data and processes, value great user experiences and work to build internal value through IoT and their own research and development.
They are very stable and also part of a larger group of companies.
You need to:
- Run your own project with mentorship from a senior project and product manager
- Develop the skills, knowledge and attitude to run your own projects more independently in the near future
The position requires knowledge of and experience in implementing agile product development principles. These skills will be tested extensively in the recruitment process. The following are detailed competencies needed for the position.
- Update milestones and budget based on changes in the project
- Update people’s hours and other resource allocations to the project
- Project plan update with dependencies in mind Financial updates and Invoicing
- Risk report compilation
- Prepare for and manage scheduling of regular meetings such as Sprint Review, Sprint Planning, Sprint Retrospectives and Project Retrospectives
- Prepare for and manage scheduling of ad hoc meetings between various project stakeholders
- Remove impediments to delivery
- Implement the Scrum (or other Agile methodology) processes and tools that the team decides on
- Everyone involved in a situation has a picture in their head of that situation. Expectation management is making sure that none of those pictures conflict with reality or each other in a substantial way.
- Facilitate decisions on project timeline, budget and scope changes with stakeholders from clients, management, teams and others
- Ensure continuous alignment between all stakeholders
- Ensure collaboration between all stakeholders
- Define and update product vision and strategy Plan and maintain product roadmap
- Insist on data- and evidence-based decision making Gain understanding of market trends, partner ecosystems and competitive strategies Researching market and competition
- Understand product risks and how to address them with various product discovery techniques
- Utilise product optimisation techniques to rapidly improve and refine a product once it is live and in production, including defining and tracking product metrics
- Play a supporting role for the team and product marketing during product delivery, including resource allocation to deliver on the roadmap
- Facilitate client decision making with a deep understanding of Product Ownership
- Collaborate with technical and design functions and provide input in technical and design decisions
- Keen ability to empathise with multiple stakeholders and facilitate decision making
- Relationship management
- Deeply collaborate with various stakeholders
- Self management
- Social awareness and self awareness
The short term outcome of the position is to manage one or more projects and products with mentorship from a senior PM.
The medium term outcome is to develop your project and product management skills, knowledge and attitude so that you can function as an independent PM.