Location: Cape Town
Application Deadline: Tuesday, December 29, 2020Company Background
IT Lab is a leading technology and managed services provider in the UK, ranked within the top five European and top 50 global managed services suppliers and operates out of offices in London, Manchester and Cape Town and, via its global partners, in 13 countries across the world. The award-winning company provides a range of services including 24/7 support, cloud services, ERP software implementation, technology transformation and change projects, strategic consulting and analytics.
We are a dynamic and fast-growing company that truly values and is reliant upon our people, our culture and our commitment to excellence we call Service Obsession. Being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work.
Content & Cloud are looking for a Business Analyst with a passion for providing great customer service and a background in IT and/or Service Operations to join the team at an exciting time. The role will involve BA activities along with involvement in system testing and elements of project support.
A strong communicator with a flexible and positive outlook and exceptional data collection and mapping skills Technical awareness or a background in IT technologies is required and experience with ServiceNow would be advantageous. Agile project delivery experience would also be a distinct advantage.Location and Environment
This role will be based in our beautiful Century City offices in Cape Town however, you will work amongst a wider team split across our Cape Town and Manchester offices.
Our culture is non-hierarchical and one which stems from a hardworking but fun environment. We like to laugh, we like to do things together and among all the challenges of growing a fast-paced business, we endorse people being themselves, allowing them to focus on outcomes and substance rather than form.Required Skills and Capabilities
Core skills Required for the Role:
- Requirements Engineering / Story Development
- Gather and document Business Requirements using industry standard methodology – if working on an Agile project then document requirements as user stories.
- Assist in prioritisation of requirements/stories
- Track requirements/stories during project lifecycle
- Design & Build Support
- Support Sprint/Project planning and update project documentation
- Track progress on project deliverables (including stories)
- Document and track project change requests
- Analyse defects/bugs and work with project team to determine actions required to remediate
- Assign defects to developers/project support staff and track progress
- Manage defect/bug ticket lifecycle
- Test Support
- Create and document test scripts
- Assist with testing as required
- Provide clear and concise test results
- Track test results from across the project and assist in compiling test reports
- User Support & Training
- Provide support to users on newly delivered functionality
- Assist in producing training materials
- Attend meetings and document minutes and actions
- Create project documentation as required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong presentation skills
- Detail oriented with an analytical approach
- Adaptable and willing to take on new and different areas of responsibility
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Good Listening Skills with demonstratable methods to check understanding
- High emotional intelligence and rapport building skills
- Professional approach and gravitas
- A strong and demonstrable empathy with customers and their challenges.
- Good conflict and issue resolution experience with a strong diplomatic ability.
- Strong presentation skills.
- A knowledge of technology and an appreciation for the business value that it can create.
- Ability to create original intellectual capital
- Being Diligent with Time Management.
- Documenting and Writing Reports.
- The Key Analysis Techniques
- Problem-Solving Skills.
- Critical Thinking Skills.
- Being able to Run Meetings with Stakeholders.
- A willingness to learn with strong career aspirations.
- Flexibility to travel and work at client sites.
- Recognised Business Analysis education and/or certification.
- Strong academic qualifications or demonstrable additional commercial success in lieu of this.
- Network/Cloud/Virtualisation technology exposure
- Experience in a support role on an Agile Project
- Unit / User Acceptance testing experience
- ServiceNow application experience (as a user)
- ITIL IT Service Management awareness/Foundation certification would be an advantage
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Working hours will be 40 to 45 hours per week during standard business hours (Monday – Friday between 7am – 7pm UK time)
- Offices located in Century City (Cape Town)
- Package dependant on experience
- 22 days’ annual leave
- Continual professional development plans
- Free breakfast daily, lunches paid for on Friday (and a whole array of other benefits!)
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
IT Lab is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent.