Location: Cape Town
Region: South Africa
Application Deadline: Monday, February 22, 2021Company Background
At Content+Cloud we help our clients to succeed and to transform the way their businesses operate, the way their users work, and provide them with flexible and secure platforms with which to do it.
Our portfolio of Professional and Managed Services enables our clients to truly leverage the power of Microsoft’s three clouds: Microsoft 365, Azure and Dynamics 365.
As our reputation has grown over the years, we’ve been able to attract exceptionally talented individuals. Whether they are a world-renowned technology specialist or a highly skilled member of a 24/7support team, all our people are driven by a desire to deliver success for our clients.
Microsoft Endpoint Manager is a prominent technology used by a significant number of customers here at Content+Cloud. A new opportunity has arisen to increase our depth of capability in Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM) to manage customer endpoints and applications both on premise and Cloud connected.
You will be part of the wider Modern Workplace team within CSD and will be responsible for the overall infrastructure components of a customer’s MECM environment and keeping the core applications up to date. The role will include packaging customer applications and deploying them to the customer’s end users and a good understanding of change and release management will be required.
The successful candidate should have ambitions to become our subject matter expert on MECM and mentor more junior engineers on the solution; delivering knowledge share sessions, writing up best practices in the form of Standard Operating Procedures and client focused Knowledge Base articles.
As the role develops and evolves, we see this role focusing on the more Cloud based side of Microsoft Endpoint Manager but also the wider Microsoft 365 technology stack, leveraging automation and DevOps to drive further operational efficiencies and standards.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide technical support for Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager with a primary focus on one customer’s estate, but also assisting/advising on others when required.
- Over the next 18 months, work with the project team to migrate endpoint management to a cloud connected instance with the ambition of moving to a fully Intune managed solution.
- Responsible for maintaining the overall health of the environment, including infrastructure components ensuring the uptime of the platform.
- Regularly package customer applications, test deployment and roll out to the wider user base in line with our change management processes.
- Work with our Managed Services team to assist in delivering patching for both the wider server infrastructure and Endpoints.
- Build, manage and maintain a base OS image and driver packages for the use of end point deployments
- Communicating directly with end users via telephone, portal, and email.
Health and Safety
To comply with Health and Safety legislation, following Content+Cloud processes to ensure your own safety and the safety of others.
Location and Environment
This role will be based out of our Cape Town office, however you will work amongst a team split across our London office.
At Content+Cloud we look for a particular kind of person. Someone who likes nothing better than helping others to achieve their goals. Someone who is driven by a desire to go the extra mile for our clients, focusing on the little things that make a big difference. Someone who loves technology, not for its own sake, but for what it can deliver – in terms of organisation.
This is the real Content+Cloud difference: the mindset of our people.
We see every client challenge as an opportunity for fresh thinking, and every client journey as an adventure.
Required Skills and Capabilities
- Technical experience working within a Managed Service environment
- 4+ years’ experience supporting MECM (formerly System Centre Configuration Manager)
- 2+ years’ experience supporting MEM Intune
- A high-level candidate who has previous experience with MECM and the associated infrastructure components.
- Experience in deploying MECM (SCCM) into new environments.
- Some understanding of Identity Management Solutions aligned to Azure AD, Azure AD Connect and ADFS
- Good understanding of server platform requirements (Windows Server 2012/16)
- Good understanding of Active Directory Domain Services (AD, DNS)
- Good understanding of network tools to help diagnose deployment issues
- Good understanding and capability using PowerShell
- Excellent demonstrated customer service skills
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Experience with a ticket management toolset.
- Experience with Remote Desktop tools
- Microsoft Certification MCSE, MCITP, MCSA in MECM (SCCM) and/or Office 365 is beneficial
Generic essential individual attributes
- A keen appetite to learn
- Proactive, driven, and enthusiastic
- Good organisational skills and strong attention to detail
- Excels in a fast-paced & challenging environment
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to search and understand KB articles to troubleshoot customer issues.
- Interested in engaging with the IT pro community
- Salary dependent on experience
- Role based out of our Cape Town office
- 40 - 45 hours per week, Monday – Friday)
- 20 days’ annual leave
- Pension, Medical aid, free breakfast daily, lunches paid for on Friday (and a whole array of other benefits!)
- Continual professional development plans
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
Content+Cloud is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent regardless of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or criminal history. As part of our compliance requirements, we do undertake background checks which, dependant on levels of security required for the role or client assignment, may include a criminal record check. Please do let us know if you would like more details on the level of checks for the specific role you are applying to.
We are happy to provide any reasonable adjustments you may need to ensure you feel you have the best experience across our selection process and future employment, for any support on this please email us at email@example.com